Concerning the distillery
Glen Mhor distillery was founded in 1892 by John Birnie (formerly Managing Director of Glen Albyn (1910 to 1916 mayor of Inverness) and John Mackinlay under the name Glen Mhor (“glen vohr”, Scottish Gaelic gleann mhor), named after the Great Glen’s tectonic rejection.
On December 8, 1894, the distillery began producing whisky.
The last whisky was distilled on March 8, 1983, and the buildings were demolished in October 1986.
Today, the site houses a supermarket.
Distilled on January 18, 1965 at Glen Mhor and aged in oak casks for 26 years before being bottled in March 1991 by Signatory Vintage from cask Nos. 202.